Roames transmission solution provides line rating, network optimisation, clearance and tower stability, as-constructed validation, and new line route assessment.
Roames’ constructs the transmission network model with mathematical precision, including tower detection, placement, and orientation. Unlike standard industry approaches that rely on operators manually fitting towers to LiDAR point clouds, Roames results in more accurate 3D models, reduced delivery timeframes and considerable cost savings.
Thermal line modelling
Roames applies thermal line modelling calculation engine (configured to IEEE and CIGRE standards) to the 3D transmission model. The engine also allows for the application of custom conductor temperature calculations, to suit clients’ own requirements.
More accurate 3D models, reduced delivery timeframes and considerable cost savings.
Roames can leverage a single dataset for both transmission and distribution operators where it is servicing infrastructure in the same location. This synergy results in cost savings and faster delivery without extra lead-time to mobilise and capture data.
Roames transmission service eliminates the need for low-flying helicopters, reducing public hindrance and further benefiting the community.
The Roames Advantage
- Cloud-hosted data with one central repository for all network information.
- No additional software or licensing requirements, with unlimited user access and no bandwidth restrictions.
- Scenario modelling – model network-wide temperature and load scenarios.
- Study the complete transmission network at once for optimisation opportunities.
- No desktop-based file size limit.
- Thermal calculation engine, configurable to clients’ specific business rules, to run and study alternative thermal line calculations.
- Dynamic line rating to stream real-time weather data and circuit loads.
- Conductor health – comprehensive ‘conductor dynamics’ helping identify fatigue (such as annealing) for every transmission conductor.
- Analyse movement in attachment points and position.
- As-constructed validation against engineering design to identify anomalies and component differences.
- Automatically flagged anomalies for clearance, safety and other operational risks.
- Tower stability – assessment/monitoring of movement, indicating anomalies in foundations for investigation.
- Supports import/export of existing LiDAR datasets and transmission models for interoperability.
- Realise additional value from previous network modelling investment.
for more information